Whilst so many of us shy away from the patterns and bold carpets, choosing the right patterned interior carpet design for your home is an important decision, especially with all the variety that is available to choose from. With the mention of patterned carpets, most people think of the outdated brown floral or swirly designs. In most households people do tend to stick to the safer plain option of neutrals but why not introduce some colour and life into your home? Using patterned carpets can open up decorating opportunities and add a contemporary feel instantly lifting a room.
Be bold with patterns!
You could be bold with pinstripes, dots or even go for a check pattern. However, if you love the idea of having a patterned carpet but aren’t too sure about going big and bold there is also an option for you, match the main/base colour of the patterned carpet with the walls and go for a slight wave or slick in the carpet rather than the bold statement pieces. It is said in a room that you should always start with the carpet and then build the room around that, with this in mind once you have chosen the carpet you can then chose cushions and throws to go with the carpet. With the patterned carpet being so bold it will be the statement piece of the room – it acts a bit like a feature wall but just on the floor!
Patterned carpets can have many benefits
- They can make the room look bigger, longer or wider. Striped carpets are especially good for making your room appear larger. (Stripes are known for their ability to create an illusion of increased space).
- Patterned carpets mask stains – extremely good with children or high traffic areas such as the dining room. Even lightly patterned carpets can disguise stains and keep your room looking better for an extended period.
- If you have a more traditionally styled home with furniture to complement it then a patterned carpet can look great.
- Higher quality patterns add a much more luxurious feel to the home.
- They can fit in with any décor due to there being so many different patterns.
- They are great for both commercial use and residential.
- You’d be right on trend!
- They inject some colour into the room.
- They make a statement effortlessly.
Mix and match carpets
A recent trend that we have seen become very popular is mixing and match stripes and plains. This would mean that you might have to say striped carpet on the stairs and another carpet that matches the base colour of that running around the stairs in the hallway this is very modern and looks very beautiful and effective when finished.
We hope that you have enjoyed reading our blog and have found it helpful and helpful to be more bold with your carpet choices. If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch on 01525 222 866 or head on over to our contact page.